27th April 2008
Doolin Coast Guard were called to assist a person in the river in Ennistymon. On arrival, the Ennistymon Fire Brigade had taken the man from the water.
19th April 2008
6 persons were rescued from a cave at Coolea , Lisdoonvarna
A party of nine people abseiled into Pól Elva earlier that day. While at the bottom they got wet and cold and some were unable to climb back out.
Local people helped greatly by lowering down hot drinks,food and blankets to the casualities.
One casualty suffering from hypothermia was removed by ambulanace to Ennis General Hospital
This was a large scale rescue also involving members of ICRO (Irish Cave Rescue Organisation)
17th April 2008
Doolin Coast Guard Unit were called to search for a missing person in the Ballyvaughan area.
Body recovered a short time later
15th April 2008
The Doolin Coast Guard Unit were called to search for a missing person who was last seen at the Cliffs of Moher at 18.30 that evening.
A large area around the location and the Doolin area was searched.
The person was found safe and well at 23.15
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...
- John McAuley: Thanks for the help on sunday lads, well done and very professional turn out and assistance greatly...
- Aishling Hanrahan: Thank you so much for the amazing rescue of my husband Martin on Saturday. I can not praise the...
- Esmee Schroder: Thank you so much for your incredible efforts in recovering the body of my younger sister. It is...
- Tracy Frawley: Thank you so much for your visit. The children really enjoyed it. It heightened their awareness of...