27th April 2008
Doolin Coast Guard were called to assist a person in the river in Ennistymon. On arrival, the Ennistymon Fire Brigade had taken the man from the water.
19th April 2008
6 persons were rescued from a cave at Coolea , Lisdoonvarna
A party of nine people abseiled into Pól Elva earlier that day. While at the bottom they got wet and cold and some were unable to climb back out.
Local people helped greatly by lowering down hot drinks,food and blankets to the casualities.
One casualty suffering from hypothermia was removed by ambulanace to Ennis General Hospital
This was a large scale rescue also involving members of ICRO (Irish Cave Rescue Organisation)
17th April 2008
Doolin Coast Guard Unit were called to search for a missing person in the Ballyvaughan area.
Body recovered a short time later
15th April 2008
The Doolin Coast Guard Unit were called to search for a missing person who was last seen at the Cliffs of Moher at 18.30 that evening.
A large area around the location and the Doolin area was searched.
The person was found safe and well at 23.15
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....