Congratulations to Caitriona (Coast Guard and SARDA member) and Zac (SARDA search dog) www.doolincoastguard.com/html/dogs_.html
Caitriona and Zac qualified as a novice search dog team at the weekend, and are now on the callout list of SARDA www.sardaireland.com. Over the last two and half years they have been training and were assessed by SARDA England, SARDA Wales and SARDA Northern Ireland. Thanks to Zacs accension there are currently two dog teams in SARDA Ireland and hopefully there will be more by the end of the year.
18th May 2008
Doolin Coast Guard were notified of a small fishing boat with engine trouble beneath the Cliffs of Moher. The Delta went to their location and at that time they had got under way again and later returned safely to Doolin Pier
Two Members of the Doolin Unit who recently took part in the annual Coast Guard SAR Games in Howth, were sucessfull in winning the Kirwin Cup. Brian McMahon and Ray Murphy are pictured here receiving the cup from Mattie Shannon, Area Officer of the Doolin Unit.
While on a boat training session the Doolin Unit Delta responded to a Pan Pan in Galway Bay. They were stood down while on route
Welcome to the new blog of the Doolin Unit of the Irish Coast Guard. With contributions from various team members, we will endeavour to keep everybody updated on developments and call outs. Please feel free to leave comments.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....