At 14.10 today Doolin Coast Guard Delta was tasked to go to the Kilkee area.The Doolin Delta was in the Doonbeg area acting as safety boat for a Currach event when they were called. They proceeded to the scene where a person was in difficulty in the water at the Pollock Holes. While en route the team was stood down as the casualty had been safely taken from the water by another boat.
At 12.20 today Doolin Coast Guard were paged to go to Spanish Point to assist a swimmer in difficulty.The Shannon based Coast Guard Helicopter were also tasked to the scene. The Doolin Delta boat was on route to Doolin pier for launch when the team were stood down. The swimmer had been taken from the water and was then airlifted to Shannon to an awaiting ambulance.
Coast Guard members assembled at base to prepare the Delta Rib for launch to assist swimmers in difficulty at Spanish Point. Other members went to the scene by road. Before launch the unit were stood down. Surfers at the scene had assisted the swimmers back to shore.
At approximately 13.00 Doolin Coast Guard Unit were tasked to assist two windsurfers who were in danger of being pulled out further to sea at Spanish Point. While the Delta was being prepared for launch the team were stood down. The windsurfers had made their way back to shore safely.
Doolin Coast Guard assisted in the continued search for the missing man at Kilkee
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....