by Caitriona in Callouts
At 13.25 , Doolin Coast Guard Unit were called to Doolin Pier.While a currach was being launched it got swept out with the Easterly breeze and washed ashore on Crab Island. No one was onboard at the time. The D-Class was launched and the currach was safely towed back to Doolin Pier. The team then assistd the owner in recovering the currach from the water.
by Ian in Callouts
At 23:10hrs MRSC Valentia requested search teams from Kilkee & Doolin Coast Guard units to check out numerous reports of a flare, sighted west of Seafield pier, Quilty. Both units searched their respective areas en-route, and rendezvoused at Seafield pier. There they coordinated the search efforts of the Aran Islands Lifeboat which had also been tasked to the search area. With the area thoroughly searched and nothing found, Valentia MRSC stood down all the units involved at 02:40hrs.
Gardaí from Ennistymon also assisted in the search.
- Mickey Joe O'Connell: Thanks a million for the very speedy response to our call, the other evening, . We are very...
- Rebecca McLaughlin: Sincere Thank you to the wonderful team for their speedy arrival and their kindness and...
- John Nolan: Thanks Caitriona (from the Overdue Hill Runner)
- Gary Schroeder: I cannot thank all those with the search and rescue team for their efforts in finding my sister...
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...