by Caitriona in Callouts
At 13.25 , Doolin Coast Guard Unit were called to Doolin Pier.While a currach was being launched it got swept out with the Easterly breeze and washed ashore on Crab Island. No one was onboard at the time. The D-Class was launched and the currach was safely towed back to Doolin Pier. The team then assistd the owner in recovering the currach from the water.
by Ian in Callouts
At 23:10hrs MRSC Valentia requested search teams from Kilkee & Doolin Coast Guard units to check out numerous reports of a flare, sighted west of Seafield pier, Quilty. Both units searched their respective areas en-route, and rendezvoused at Seafield pier. There they coordinated the search efforts of the Aran Islands Lifeboat which had also been tasked to the search area. With the area thoroughly searched and nothing found, Valentia MRSC stood down all the units involved at 02:40hrs.
Gardaí from Ennistymon also assisted in the search.
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....
- Eugene Garrihy: Happy Christmas to all at Doolin Coast Guard Doolin Coast Guard “An Appreciation” We want...
- Jerry o Keeffe: thanks for all your help during the year happy christmas to all involved in the Coast guard