At 17.15 , Doolin Coast Guard were called to assist in the recovery of a boat that had come loose at Liscannor Pier and washed ashore at Bartrá.On arrival at the pier , a local boat was going to the stricken vessel. Doolin D-Class crew and boat were ready to launch if they needed assistance. Other members of Doolin Coast Guard were across the bay at Bartrá where the boat was aground. Some time later both vessels returned to the Pier. After helping to recover the stricken boat, Doolin Coast Guard stood down at 19.30
Doolin Coast Guard Unit were called to assist an injured surfer at Doolin Pier. He had dislocated his shoulder while surfing,Coast Guard members assisted and stayed with the casualty until the ambulance arrived.
AT 13.10 , Doolin Coast Guard Unit were called to locate a woman who had become lost while out walking during very bad weather. Search teams covered the green roads in the area where the woman was thought to be and were in contact with her by mobile phone. One of the roads to the area was blocked by a large fallen tree and it had to be cut and towed out of the way to gain access.She was able to take shelter from the weather in a stone cabin and wait while search teams reached her.Though cold, she was safe and well.
Coast Guard members were asked to look for a person whose whereabouts were unknown. A short time later , the person was found safe and well.
Following a report from a member of the public, at 14.30 , members of Doolin Coast Guard went to investigate an object sighted in the water off Crab Island. It was established that it was a mooring buoy and the team were stood down.
Following a report from a member of the public, members of Doolin Unit of the Irish Coast Guard investigated a piece of scientific equipment which has been washed ashore north of Spanish Point. The equipment consists of a spherical submersible platform, a Teledyne “Workhorse” Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler, an Argos satellite transmitter and associated components. The unit, which has sustained some damage, has been secured and attempts are being made to trace its owners.
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...
- John McAuley: Thanks for the help on sunday lads, well done and very professional turn out and assistance greatly...
- Aishling Hanrahan: Thank you so much for the amazing rescue of my husband Martin on Saturday. I can not praise the...
- Esmee Schroder: Thank you so much for your incredible efforts in recovering the body of my younger sister. It is...
- Tracy Frawley: Thank you so much for your visit. The children really enjoyed it. It heightened their awareness of...