by Caitriona in Training
Doolin Coast Guard Unit joined the Ennistymon Unit of the Clare County Fire and Rescue Service for a Chemical Incident Training excercise. The Fire Service explained how they deal with many different chemicals, showed us the equiment they use and the procedures to follow in the event of such an incident.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit were tasked by MRSC Valentia, to an incident at the Cliffs of Moher. Both boats, the Delta Rib and the D-Class inflatable, were launched and they proceeded to the base of the Cliffs of Moher. Crews transferred from the Delta onto the D-Class and went ashore at the base of the Cliffs near Goat Island.There they recovered a body and returned to Doolin Coast Guard Base.
Late on Tuesday night there were reports of red flares seen from Connemara and Inis Óirr. MRSC Valentia tasked the Aran RNLI Lifeboat and Doolin Coast Guard Unit.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit team members investigated while the Aran Lifeboat, Inis Mór, launched and searched the area. Doolin Coast Guard members remained on watch for a number of hours with nothing to report. The Aran Lifeboat continued the search.Nothing was found and the search was stood down.
A member of the puplic contacted the emergency services as they were concerned when they saw what they believed to be surfers or swimmers in difficulty off Spanish Point.MRSC Valentia tasked Doolin Coast Guard Unit, pagers were set off and members went immediately to the scene and others followed with the D-Class by road. On arrival at the scene, Coast Guard members observed the group in the water with binoculars and it was clear that the surfers were not in any difficulty. The team were stood down.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....