The Team after Climbing Assessment
by Caitriona in Training
Doolin Coast Guard Unit joined The Aran Islands Lifeboat, The Shannon based Coast Guard Helicopter, Inish Oirr Airport Fire Brigade and Emergency personnel from the Island for a simulated plane crash off Inish Oirr. The Doolin Coast Guard Delta boat crew began searching for two casualties, reported to be in the water approximately one mile north of the Island. The Aran Island Lifeboat and the Helicopter also proceeded to the area.The casualties were located and taken back to the pier to the waiting emergency personnel. Doolin Coast Guard boat returned to base after a very successful training exercise.
by Caitriona in General/Notices
Doolin Coast Guard boats provided safety cover for the Annual Lahinch Bay swim.
At 18.45, Doolin Coast Guard Unit were tasked by MRCC , Valentia, to investigate a report of something in the water at the Cliffs of Moher. Teams assembled , the Doolin Coast Guard Delta was launched and soon after recovered a body from the water.
At 18.15, Doolin Coast Guard Unit were tasked to assist with a passenger who had fallen ill while on board a passenger ferry, the Jack B. Coast Guard members went to Liscannor and prepared a landing area for the Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter, Rescue 115, as it was also tasked to the incident. A HSE Ambulance was also on scene as the boat came in to Liscannor Pier. The casualty was helped from the ferry by Coast Guard personnel, assessed by a paramedic and was found to have recovered.
At 20.25 , Ennistymon Gardaí tasked Doolin Coast Guard Unit to assist in the search for a woman, believed to be missing in the Lahinch, Liscannor area. Lahinch Rescue also assisted.The Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter also responded and searched. The woman was found safe after a number of hours searching.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....