Some Coast Guard members were called to assist at a local football match. A player sustained a serious leg injury and needed to be stretchered off the pitch. Coast Guard members also administered first aid until the HSE Ambulance arrived at the scene.
At 12.02 today , Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRCC Valentia to investigate a sighting of an object in the water off the Cliffs of Moher. The team assembled , the Doolin Coast Guard Delta was launched and searched the area while members searched from the cliff top . The object disappeared from view , below the surface . The Shannon based Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter was tasked and carried out a search . It has not been established what the object was and a further search will be carried out in the morning.
Further searches were carried out on 23 Jan.
On 25 Jan, MRCC Valentia tasked Doolin Coast Guard to investigate a sighting of something in the water off Trá Leathann, near Doolin. Team members searched from the shore, nothing was found.
While out on a training exercise, the Doolin Coast Guard Delta crew came upon a boat with a net caught in the prop, south of Hags Head.They were unable to take the net off the prop so they towed the boat back to Liscannor Harbour.
At 16.41 today MRCC Valentia tasked Doolin Coast Guard to an incident at Pól na Mongach, north of Doolin Point.A family had been out walking in the area when the teenager had been knocked by a wave , 20 meters from the shore, and pushed into a crevice in the rocks .His family members were able to hold onto his wrists and pull him back up.The young man suffered some injuries to his knees and face in the fall and was extremly cold The Doolin Team members administered first aid and treated the casualty for hypothermia . The other members of the group were also taken care of while waiting for the HSE ambulance to arrive. The young man was taken to hospital and the team stood down.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....