by Caitriona in Training
Climbing Excercise at Mirror Wall this morning
by Ian in Callouts
The Unit successfully underwent and passed an ‘ORI’ (Operational Readiness Inspection) at the weekend. The Inspection took three days and covered all aspects of boat operations and maintenance. It consisted of detailed inspections of the boats and boat equipment, all PPE. All documentation, log keeping and maintenance records.
Two boat crews underwent assessment at sea over two days.
by Ian in Callouts
AT 11 am this morning the Doolin team responded to a possible pollution incident in Kinvara. Three team members proceeded to the pier area in Kinvara. While there, they took some samples of what appeared to be oil on the water surface. A pollution control officer was also at the scene and he deemed the spill to be of a minor nature. The officer was going to continue to monitor the situation.
by Ian in Media
Some team members took part in the Saint Patrick’s Day parade in Doolin today. There was a great turnout. The parade started at 2pm and traveled through the village for about 3km.
by Caitriona in General/Notices
The Doolin Coast Guard Team have now successfully completed their Climbing assessment on the new climbing system. As part of the changeover which began last November, the team have been trained in climbing, have Safety Officers, Climbing Instructors and Equipment Inspection Officers. The team carried out 3 cliff rescue scenarios , at night , while being assessed.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....