At 13.40, Doolin Coast Guard was tasked by MRCC, Valentia to an incident . An object had been reported floating in the water under the Cliffs of Moher.Teams assembled , prepared and launched the Delta boat and the D-Class boat. A body was recovered from the water shortly afterwards by the Delta boat crew.
At 10.10 Doolin Coast Guard was called to an incident by MRCC Valentia. A boat had been seen off Hags Head with smoke coming from engines. Team members were sent to Liscannor and to the Cliffs of Moher to pin point the location of the vessel, other team members prepared and launched the Delta boat from Doolin. They located the boat and spoke to crew, all crew and passengers were fine.The skipper said that while the engines were smokey under way , the boat was safe otherwise and skipper was happy to continue on their passage.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit commenced a search this morning for the driver of a car that had been reported to Ennistymon Gardaí. The car had been left near the Cliffs of Moher for a number of days. Land search teams, the local SARDA search dog and the Doolin boat carried out searches today.
A body, thought to be that of the missing person has been recovered from the sea near Kilkee, 24rth July
At 21.07, while on a training exercise in Lahinch Bay, Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRCC Valentia to an incident . A woman had fallen and was injured on rocks at Freagh Point, close to Miltown, and was also in danger of being cut off by the tide.Team members went by road and the D-Class travelled by sea to the incident location. On arrival at the scene, team members assessed the casualty and splinted the fractured ankle. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter had been tasked and she was airlifted to Limerick Hospital.All team members returned to base
A member of the public had seen the car late last night and when it was still there in the morning they had called the Gardaí.Gardaí, Coast Guard teams and a SARDA search dog went to the area. The couple who were the owners of the car, were located below Eagles Rock, they had been camping for the night.Team stood down.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....