by Caitriona in General/Notices
Doolin Coast Guard members attended the opening of the new Costello Bay Coast Guard Station yesterday. Doolin Unit members ,Mattie Shannon, Conor McGrath, Thomas Doherty and Ray Murphy were also presented with their Long Service Awards.
Long Service Awards were also accepted on behalf of Doolin Unit members, Richie Jones and Ian Lambe .
by Caitriona in Callouts
At 13.03 today, Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to an incident at Ballyreen, North of Doolin. The team assembled and went to the incident location where a climber had fallen about 6 metres from the cliff. There were a number of paramedics in the climbing group and the team assisted with first aid and boarding. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue helicopter was also tasked and on arrival at the scene, the helicopter crew assessed the casualty ,the team assisted and he was stretchered to the helicopter and taken to hospital.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....