Doolin Coast Guard was tasked on Monday evening to assist Ennistymon Gardaí in the search for a missing local woman. Teams assembled on that evening and carried out searches of both Pier areas, shores and other land areas. The local SARDA search dog team also searched large areas of woodland and scrub.
The search commenced the following day with Doolin Coast Guard unit covering roads , tracks, shores, field and scrub in the village area and beyond.The Doolin boat carried out searches during the day and the Shannon Coast Guard Rescue helicopter searched over many areas. Large numbers of local people are assisting with the search. Air scenting Search Dogs teams from SARDA Ireland carried out searches of large areas again that evening and night and a trailing dog from Irish Search Dogs carried out searches of a number of areas. Killaloe Coast Guard and Kilkee Coast Guard members also assisted with the search.
The womans body was discovered at Fanore beach on 31st March.
At 15.05 ,Doolin Coast Guard was tasked when a body was discovered on the shore near Clahane, Liscannor. The team assembled , went to the location and stretchered the body from the shore.
by Caitriona in General/Notices
Coast Guard Members visited Ballybunion Coast Guard Unit and Kilrush RNLI Station today . Members had the opportunity to see both their boats, an Atlantic 75 and an Atlantic 85, have a chat with their team members and see their stations.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked to assist Gardaí at White Strand Beach outside Miltown Malbay. Two bodies had been discovered on the shore . The bodies were taken to Limerick Midwestern Regional Hospital for postmortem examinations.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....