At 03.43, Doolin Coast Guard and Cave Rescue went to Roughan , near Kilnaboy, as there was some concern for a caver who was by then overdue. Shortly after 05.00 the caver emerged from the cave. He had been cave diving , he was safe and well although he had encountered some difficulties . No further assistance was required.
At 21.00, the Coast Guard unit was tasked by MRSC Valentia, to investigate a report of a stationary boat in the bay.A member of the public had become concerned when the boat didn’t move for some time. Coast Guard members established it was fishing .
Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked for a second time today. MRSC Valentia had received a call from a concerned member of the public about a surfer in difficulty off Lahinch Beach. Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked at 17.30 , assembled and team members took the D-Class to Liscannor, launched from there and others went to various locations off Lahinch Beach to keep track of casualty’s location. The surfer was taken on board the D-Class and taken back to Liscannor Pier where he was treated by Coast Guard members for mild hypothermia . The surfer was caught in a current , was unable to get back to shore and had become exhausted and cold. He was then taken back to Lahinch and advised to see a Doctor. Team stood down.
At 11.20 , Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC Valentia, to assist a 25 ft pleasure boat with engine failure off Lahinch. The team assembled , went by road with the D-Class to Liscannor and launced from there, with the intentionof towing the boat off shore . There were big breakers off the beach and the pleasure boat washed ashore at Lahinch beach, the one person onboard was uninjured and was able to walk ashore. The boat was aground and Coast Guard members recovered it from the beach with a trailer shortly after.
Doolin Coast Unit was tasked to investigate a reported flare sighting off White Strand near Miltown Malbay. Members drove along the coast and searched from Lahinch back to Quilty
Doolin Coast Guard assisted Ennis Civil Defence and the Gardaí in a search for a woman missing in the Ennis area today.
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...
- John McAuley: Thanks for the help on sunday lads, well done and very professional turn out and assistance greatly...
- Aishling Hanrahan: Thank you so much for the amazing rescue of my husband Martin on Saturday. I can not praise the...
- Esmee Schroder: Thank you so much for your incredible efforts in recovering the body of my younger sister. It is...
- Tracy Frawley: Thank you so much for your visit. The children really enjoyed it. It heightened their awareness of...