At 19.45 this evening, Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked to an incident near Carran, about half an hour from Doolin. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter , Rescue 115 was also tasked as was the HSE Ambulance service. A tourist had suffered a seizure while walking and bird watching in the hills , the group were about a mile from the road.Team members went to the area . The casualty was airlifted by the helicopter and taken to hospital.
by Caitriona in General/Notices
Doolin Coast Guard Units 7.9 m Delta RIB left Doolin this evening.It has served Doolin for the past 10 years. Members of Costelloe Bay Coast Guard Unit, Ros a Mhíl , Co Galway took it back to Costelloe Bay where it will now be stationed.
This boat has been replaced by a new 9m Delta RIB.
Coast Guard was tasked by MRSC Valentia at 15.00 to maintain a listening watch on Channels 16 and 67. Over the course of the day Doolin Coast Guard Base coordinated the tasking of Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter, Rescue 115 to an incident at Inch Beach , Co. Kerry. Doolin operated under the instruction of MRSC Dublin and relayed all information to Rescue 115. There was a successful outcome to the search . Doolin Coast Guard unit was stood down at 20.35
by Ian in Callouts
Thanks to the crew on the Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter for sending on this video, taken while the Doolin Coast Guard units new Delta RIB was on a training exercise off of the Aran Islands.
The units New boat is a 9 meter Delta Super X RIB. Powered by Twin Yamaha F225B engines give a maximum speed of 45 knots and a cruising speed of 32 knots. The boat has a six hour endurance.
At 18.20 , Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked to go to Tracht Beach , Kinvarra, Co Galway. A member of the public had reported an object in the water and was concerned . Coast Guard member took the D-Class boat by road to the location. The Shannon Based Coast Guard helicopter was tasked. The helicopter , the boat and shore teams carried out searches of the area . Nothing was found and teams stood down.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked today to assist three sea anglers who were in a dangerous location on the cliff at Trá Leathan.
Coast Guard members remained with the anglers until they were in a safe position away from the cliff.
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...
- John McAuley: Thanks for the help on sunday lads, well done and very professional turn out and assistance greatly...
- Aishling Hanrahan: Thank you so much for the amazing rescue of my husband Martin on Saturday. I can not praise the...
- Esmee Schroder: Thank you so much for your incredible efforts in recovering the body of my younger sister. It is...
- Tracy Frawley: Thank you so much for your visit. The children really enjoyed it. It heightened their awareness of...