Several members took part in the RIB capsize course over the weekend , while others completed the Sea Survival course at Haulbowline National Maritime College
The South Aran team was tasked yesterday to assist with the transfer of a patient to an aircraft for medicav to hospital.
Coast Guard Team was tasked today to assist when a member of the public collapsed with chest pains and breathing difficulties. Medical attention was provided until the HSE ambulance arrived to take the casualty to hospital.
Another successful annual Search ORA ( Operational Readiness Assessment) completed for the team. The team and team search managers were assessed tonight on search skills and management. All went well despite the heavy rain and thunder storms. Thanks to our Sector Manager , Ray and Southern Sector Manager , Tim , who travelled to Doolin for our assessment.
- Doolin CGU (South Aran Team) was called out this evening to assist Doctor on Inis Óirr to transfer a casualty with cardiac arrest to the airstrip for arrival of the Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter , R115. Sadly, the casualty passed away. Incident 05/12
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....