Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked this evening by MRSC , Valentia following a call from a concerned member of the public who reported a diver in difficulty off Pol Sallagh, north of Doolin. The team assembled and launched the boat while other team members went by road to the location from where the call was made. On arrival at the scene a snorkeler was found to be swimming and diving with a body board near by. Crew on the boat confirmed with him that he was OK while the shore team confirmed that he was the swimmer in question.
Doolin Coast Guard unit was tasked by Ennistymon Gardaí to search for a child thought to be missing at Lahinch Beach. It was not known if the child was in the water . Some of the team members took the Delta boat to Doolin pier and others went directly to Lahinch Beach and to Liscannor with the D-Class ready to launch. The Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter , Rescue 115 , arrived on the scene within minutes as it was in the air on route back to Shannon and carried out a search from the air. The child was located safe and well among the crowds on the busy Promenade and all services were stood down. Kilkee Coast Guard Unit and Lahinch Rescue were also tasked.
While still in Lahinch , a surfer who badly injured his hand while surfing was treated by Coast Guard members . First aid was administerd while arrangements were made for him to go to Shannon Doc for further care.
Incidents 11/12 and 12/12
At 14.13 today, Doolin Coast Guard was tasked by MRSC Valentia, to recover a body that had been seen from the Cliffs of Moher.The team assembled , launched the Delta and D- Class boats and went to the scene where they quickly recovered the body onto the boat and returned to Doolin Rescue Centre.
by Caitriona in General/Notices
Dusty the dolphin joined Doolin Coast Guard members after training last week
by Caitriona in Training
Doolin Coast Guard members took the Delta across to Galway on a combined night exercise and visit to Galway RNLI Station. Other Coast Guard members travelled by road . Doolin Coast Guard , along with Costelloe Bay Coast Guard will be assisting Galway RNLI in late June at the Volvo Ocean Race.Thanks to Mike Swan and all the crew at Galway RNLI Station who showed us around the station.
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...
- John McAuley: Thanks for the help on sunday lads, well done and very professional turn out and assistance greatly...
- Aishling Hanrahan: Thank you so much for the amazing rescue of my husband Martin on Saturday. I can not praise the...
- Esmee Schroder: Thank you so much for your incredible efforts in recovering the body of my younger sister. It is...
- Tracy Frawley: Thank you so much for your visit. The children really enjoyed it. It heightened their awareness of...