by Caitriona in General/Notices
Members of Doolin Coast Guard unit completed their individual Climbing Assessments today. Team members were assessed by Work at Height on all the elements of climbing , setting up the climbing system and leadership of the team in a climbing rescue.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked today by MRSC, Valentia to investigate a reported distress flare sighting. The team assembled and sent teams to the cliffs area where it was thought the flare originated from. The Aer Corp Casa plane was redirected to search the area and the Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter, Rescue 115 arrived on scene and carried out searches.After extensive searches, nothing was found and all air searches and ground teams were stood down.
Doolin Coast Guard team members visited Carran National School. They talked about water safety , the Irish Coast Guard and showed the children the Dopey Denzel water safety film. The children had planty of questions for the team.
Thug baill Garda Costa na hÉireann , Doolin, cuairt ar Gaelscoil na bhFilí, Gort Inse Guaire innui. Labhair siad leis na paistí faoi cursaí sabhálteachta uisce agus an Garda Costa.
Doolin Coast Guard members visited Gaelscoil na bhFilí , Gort, today. They spoke with the children about water safety and the Coast Guard. The older classes watched the Irish Coast Guard Water Safety DVD, Dopey Denzel.
A number of Doolin Coast Guard members assisted the Doctor and Gardaí with the recovery of a body earlier today.
Following a report of a striped Dolphin struggling on the beach at Lahinch, some members of Doolin Coast Guard Unit were tasked to assist members of the public who were trying to assist the Dolphin. Dolphin Watch were contacted and gave some advice . Several attempts were made to take the dolphin out to deeper water on the floating stretcher but he was too unwell and repeatedly returned to shore. Later a vet arrived on scene and the Dolphin was put down after many attempts to re float it had failed.
photos courtesy of Ken O’Sullivan
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....