by Caitriona in Training
The team underwent their Climbing Operational Readiness Assessment last night. The team carried out three separate climbing rescue scenarios . All scenarios were successful.Thanks to IRCG CUSM Niall Ferns for travelling to Clare to assess the team.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Malin, to assist the HSE Ambulance Service with a casualty near Ballyreen. A female had fallen on rocks at Pol Sallagh and injured her side and leg. Coast Guard members assisted the Ambulance crew to place the casualty on the stretcher. Ambulance service personnel administered oxygen and further care. She was then stretchered about 200m over large boulders and rocks to the road where she was taken to hospital by Ambulance.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia , to assist Ennistymon Gardaí in the search for a person believed to be in the Spanish Point area. Kilkee Coast Guard were also tasked. The person was located , safe and well, a short time later by the Gardaí.
by Caitriona in General/Notices
Doolin Coast Guard members took part in the local parades today and displayed equipment and did a climbing demo at St. Andrews Church in Ennistymon .
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, this morning, to assist with a medevac from Ennistymon GAA Pitch. HSE Ambulance and HSE Advanced Paramedics had taken to the casualty to the pitch for transfer to the helicopter. The Shannon based Coast Guard helicopter Rescue 115, landed on the pitch and the casualty was stretchered to the helicopter.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked to assist with an RTA outside Ennistymon today. The Ennistymon Fire and Rescue Service, The HSE Advanced Paramedic and HSE Ambulance was on scene. A casualty needed to be airlifted to hospital from a single car accident . Coast Guard members cleared a landing site for the Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter , Rescue 115. The casualty was stretchered to the helicopter and taken to hospital.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....