The team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to a report of a sighting of a body at the bottom of the Cliffs of Moher. The team assembled and launched the Delta RIB while team members went to the Cliffs to direct the boat from the top of the cliff. The item seen was confirmed not to be a body and the team stood down.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit escorted the Cycle Against Suicide into Ennis. The event is a round Ireland cycle , running until May 5th. 400 cyclists are taking part to raise awareness of suicide nationwide.
by Caitriona in Media
Doolin Coast Guard members visited the Ennistymon Scouts and spoke to them about water safety and the Irish Coast Guard and showed them the Dopey Denzel DVD.
by Caitriona in Training
20 Coast Guard members from Killaloe, Doolin and Kilkee Coast Guard Units took part in a Search Skills Course today. The group was made up of a mixture of new members and more experienced members who were taken through Search theory for land and sea , strategies and practical exercises. The course was instructed by the Western Sector Manager and two Doolin Coast Guard members who are training to be Search Skills Instructors.
The search for the missing person at the Cliffs of Moher has been stood down. Unfortunately, after a 14 day search effort , there was no recovery. Our thoughts are with the family.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....