by Caitriona in Media
Doolin Coast Guard have received their Education and Water Safety packs , ready for September on and wrist bands to be distributed during the Summer. Coast Guard members visit National and Secondary Schools and Scout Groups during the year to raise awareness of safety on the water and to talk about the Irish Coast Guard.
by Caitriona in Training
Doolin Coast Guard Unit was joined by Kilrush and Galway RNLI , Killaloe Coast Guard and North Clare Red Cross for a mixed exercise at Lahinch beach and on the water with the D-Class boats. Members practiced capsize drills, CPR, stretcher carries, beaching and line throwing.
The Inis Oirr team assisted with a casualty with suspected broken hip, they stretchered the casualty and transported to the airstrip for transfer to Galway Regional Hospital.
by Caitriona in General/Notices
Doolin Coast Guard assisted Shannon Coast Guard Radio by monitoring Channel 16 this morning for a number of hours.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked to search for an overdue walker late in the evening. Some Coast Guard members began a search from the location of the car at Doolin and met the person concerned on his return.
The Doolin Coast Guard Delta was tasked by MRSC , Valentia , to investigate an oil slick between Inis Oirr and Inis Meain and later to assist a yacht with broken boom into Kilronan Pier , Inis Mór.
Incidents 19/13 and 20/13
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....