Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked to assist Costelloe Bay Coast Guard team in the serach for an elderly man. The man had gone missing from a nursing home on Sunday evening. A large scale search began that night involving , Costelloe Bay Coast Guard, Gardaí , local people, Galway Mountain Rescue , SARDA Ireland ,the Shannon based Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter. Galway Civil Defence , Doolin Coast Guard , Cleggan Coast Guard and Killaloe Coast Guard assisted later. The man was found on Tuesday afternoon and was airlifted to UHG.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked at 20.25, by MRSC, Valentia , to search for a boat that had departed from Ballyvaughan earlier in the day. Concern was raised when the 12 foot RIB had not returned . The team assembled and the Delta was prepared for launch from Doolin while the D-Class was taken by road . The team was stood down when notified that the RIB returned safely to Ballyvaughan.
Doolin Coast Guard members assisted with first aid when a ferry passenger became very ill.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to a boat broken down dive boat off Crab Island. The Doolin Coast Guard boats were both on the water at the pier at the time and went to assist the RIB . It was in danger of running aground on Crab Island. The RIB was towed back into Doolin Pier.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to assist a yacht that had gone aground at Green Island , off Ballyvaughan. The D-Class boat was launched at Ballyvaughan new Pier and assessed the yachts situation and crew. The people on board were in no danger and it was decided to wait for the tide to refloat the boat. The Coast Guard boat remained on scene until there was enough water to refloat and escorted the yacht into Ballyvaughan Pier.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....