Doolin Coast Guard members were tasked this morning to an incident by MRSC, Valentia. A young child was missing in an area near the Aille river in Doolin and help was sought to find the child. As Coast Guard members arrived the child had been found by the parent , safe and well.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked this evening by MRSC, Valentia to a RIB with engine trouble off the Cliffs of Moher. The team assembled , launched the Delta Coast Guard RIB and proceeded to the Cliffs of Moher to locate the boat. While enroute , information was received that the Doolin Discovery Passenger Ferry had the boat on tow and the three persons were safely on board the ferry. The Aran Islands Lifeboat and the Shannon based Coast Guard helicopter , Rescue 115 had also been tasked. The ferry towed the boat back to Doolin Pier where Coast Guard members assisted recovering the boat.
Thug baill Garda Costa na hÉireann , Dúlainn agus Inis Oírr, cuairt ar Scoil Caomhán, Inis Oírr innui. Labhair siad leis na paistí faoi cursaí sabháilteacht uisce agus an Garda Costa.
Doolin and Inis Oírr Coast Guard members visited Scoil Caomhán, Inis Oírr today. They spoke with the children about water safety and the Coast Guard.
Doolin Coast Guard team resumed the search for the fisherman who had fallen into the sea from the shoreline at Fishermans Climb. The Waterford based Rescue Helicopter , Rescue 117, assisted today . The Navy Divers arrived this evening , assessed the location and will dive in the morning.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to a person in the water at Fishermans Climb, Ailladee, North of Doolin. A fisherman had fallen in the water while fishing from the rocks .The Delta boat was on exercise at Inis Óirr at the time and proceeded directly to the location. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter and Coast Guard shore searchers arrived on scene and searches commenced. The missing fisherman was not found. One of the fisherman’s companions had also entered the water just after the accident to try to assist , Coast guard members treated him at the scene .
The search will resume in the morning.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....