Doolin Coast Guard was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to assist with a medevac from Fanore by the Aer Corp air ambulance . Coast Guard members cleared a field for landing .
The team members on Inis Oír took part in a search for a man missing on the Island. Rescue 115 and The Aran Islands RNLI boat were also tasked, sadly the Lifeboat recovered the mans body from the sea.
Coast Guard members visited Cloonanaha National School this morning and spoke to pupils about water safety and The Coast Guard. Thanks to all the children and teachers for a very enjoyable visit to your school with plenty of questions for us.
Pictured above at Ennistymon Fire Station; Tom Doherty, Jo Taylor & Ray Murphy
The Unit has recently acquired two reach & rescue carbon composite telescopic rescue poles. A 5 meter & 17 meter models were chosen along with a variety of rescue accessories that can be attached to the respective pole within seconds. The Clare County Fire & Rescue Service have also purchased 2 poles & a selection of accessories for each of the seven stations throughout the county. Ms. Jo Taylor of Reach & Rescue delivered a training session, at Ennistymon Fire Station, on the care, maintenance & use of the new equipment. This was followed by a practical session on the Inagh river in Ennistymon. Doolin Coast Guard Unit would like to take this opportunity to thank the Officers & Firefighters at the Ennistymon Fire Station for their invitation to this event.
Doolin Coast Guard member visited the local National school today . Members spoke to the older children first and then to the younger children about water safety . Thanks to all for your questions .
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....