by Caitriona in Training
Doolin Coast Guard members took part in a Joint Exercise based in Killala over the weekend . Coast Guard Units from Doolin, Costelloe Bay , Cleggan , Ballyglass , Bunbeg, Killybegs , Greencastle and Mulroy all took part in the search exercise organised by the Killala team. Team members practiced search management , search techniques , leadership and communications over the course of the day. The Sligo based Coast Guard helicopter took part and the Incident Command centre based in Killybegs was also used. Thanks to all who organised the scenario and to those who took part .
by Caitriona in Callouts
Doolin Coast Guard team and the Shannon based rescue helicopter, Rescue 115 , were both tasked to an incident at Aill na Searrach . The team assembled at the location and transported the climbing equipment and ropes to the cliff with the quad bike and prepared in the event of needing to perform a rope rescue. Team members went down to the casualty who had fallen while descending the steep cliff path and dislocated his shoulder. They administered first aid and assisted the casualty to the top . The Coast Guard helicopter landed at the scene and air lifted the casualty to hospital in Galway.
by Caitriona in Training
Ten coxswains successfully completed their SAR boat assessments over the weekend . The training and assessments were conducted from Liscannor with crews on the Delta and the D-Class being assessed throughout the day on various operations by Maritime SAR . Thanks to the assessors and trainers for the instruction .
by Caitriona in General/Notices
Following some requests to post photos of the new station . We have been operating from the new building since late August , training each Tuesday night in climbing, navigation, first aid , equipment maintenance , with many boat training launches and 13 callouts to date working from the new building ( 15 in total , 2 in Inis Oírr )
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....