Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia , to assist a walker on the Cliff path .A member of the public had reported a person on the path with injuries from a fall who could require assistance. Teams assembled and went North from Hags Head and South from the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Centre. The reported person was no longer on the path and teams returned to base.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to assist two kayakers. The kayakers had made contact with MRSC Valentia as they were unable to make the return journey from under the Cliffs of Moher back to Doolin. Conditions had deteriorated and they had become tired. The Delta was launched , located the kayakers, took them both aboard and towed their kayaks back to Doolin Pier. The pair were tired but did not require any medical assistance.
Doolin Coast Guard was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, to recover a body from the water close to the Cliffs. While en route to the location there was a report from a member of the public of another body in the water further South. The Delta recovered the confirmed body in the water and then proceeded to the other area to investigate the second report. Nothing was found and the boat returned to Doolin Pier.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia , when they received a report that a person had fallen from the Cliffs of Moher. The team assembled , prepared and launched the Delta boat while others went to the Cliff top to search from above. It was not possible to recover the body due to sea conditions and the location close to the cliff base at the time. The boat held station in the area for some time . The Coast Guard Helicopter, R118 was on scene as safety cover for the Delta boat. Conditions did not allow a recovery.
While washing down the boats after training , Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia. Concern was raised for a person believed to be at the Cliffs of Moher . The team responded and located the person shortly after . Team members spoke with the person until Gardaí from Ennistymon arrived .
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to assist in the search for a missing person. The team was stood down a short time later when the person was located .
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....