by Caitriona in General/Notices
Doolin Coast Guard and Lahinch Rescue assisted at the annual Lahinch Christmas Day swim. This year the money raised will go towards North Clare Mental Health Association.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked today 16 Dec. by MRSC, Valentia, to assist with locating a person in difficulty at the Cliffs of Moher. Search teams were dispatched to the area, casualty was located and the scene was secured. Gardaí , HSE and Coast Guard personnel negotiated with the casualty. After nine hours the casualty was secured and left the area with Gardaí and Coast Guard personnel. Later teams returned to base washed equipment and stood down.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, to assist in locating a person in the Cliffs of Moher area. The team assembled, search teams were dispatched to different areas of the cliffs and the Coast Guard boat was prepared for launch. The missing person was located by Ennistymon Gardaí, and Coast Guard team assisted with the operation and secured the scene. Later when incident was complete the team stood down.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked this morning by MRSC, Valentia, to assist a vessel in difficulty off Blackhead.The team assembled and launched the Delta while the D-Class was taken by road to Gleninagh, for launch if required. The Coast Guard boat located the casualty vessel and towed it to shallower safe water where it could anchor. It was then towed by another fishing vessel back to Ballyvaughan . The Delta stood down and returned to base having accompanied both vessels back to Ballyvaughan.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....