Doolin Coast Guard team feature as the January picture on the Irish Coast Guard Calendar, pictured here after a Climbing ORA early last year.
by Caitriona in Training
All Doolin Coxwains have now completed the Advanced SAR training course, with some completing the course tonight in Kilkee, with Maritime SAR.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC,Valentia, to assist in a search for a missing person in the Ruan area. The team assembled and took the D Class boat and quad bike to the area. The team met with Clare Civil Defence and commenced searches of paths and tracks in the area. The missing person was located by searchers , deceased. RIP
Doolin Coast Guard was tasked today by MRSC, Valentia , to an incident near Lahinch. A member of the public had heard shouting and thought people were cut off by the tide .Team members responded and found no one in difficulty .There had been a group training on the beach . It was a call made with good intent and team stood down.
The Inis Oírr team of the Doolin Coast Guard Unit assisted with a medivac of a patient from their home to the Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter, Rescue 115.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, to assist in the ongoing search for a young man missing from the Galway area. Doolin Coast Guard launched their D-Class from Parkmore Pier and carried out searches in the bay while team members also carried out shoreline searches. The D-Class was recovered at Ballyvaughan in the evening having completed searches. Teams returned to Doolin and washed down boat, vehicles and equipment.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....