Ennistymon Vocational School 5th Years visited the station today. The students were shown an informational film and shown around the station.
The Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to assist a local farmer . The farmer had contacted the OiC for help when a calf had fallen into a small cave on his land. Some team members went to the location, at Knockauns Mountain, and retrieved the calf using climbing equipment.
Team members took part in a local 5 aside bubble soccer fundraiser .
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked this evening to search for a person in the Cliffs of Moher area. The Shannon Coast Guard helicopter, Rescue 115 also carried out searches.A tour bus driver was concerned when one of his passengers failed to return to the bus for the return journey to Dublin. The teams commenced searches on the path North and South of the Cliffs while Ennistymon Gardaí also continued to try and locate the person. Sometime later another tour bus company confirmed that they had taken an extra passenger back to Dublin. Teams stood down.
Incident 11 / 16
Doolin Coast Guard was tasked to assist in a search for a person missing in the Bunratty area. The team searched on the water and on land along with Killaloe and Kilkee Coast Guard Units, the Shannon based Coast Guard helicopter, Rescue 115, Bunratty Search and Rescue , Clare Civil Defence and Limerick Land Search .
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....