MRSC Valentia tasked Doolin Coast Guard to assist at an RTA between a car and a motorbike at Egans Cross, Doolin.Unit members assemled and on arrival at the accident site they assessed four casualties. Members a prepared landing site for helicopters and assisted HSE Paramedics and the Ennistymon Fire and Rescue crew on scene. Two casualties were transported to the helicopters and another was taken by ambulance to hospital. There was one fatality.
Doolin Coast Guard was tasked by MRSC , Valentia , when they received a call from four hikers who were lost inland in the Fanore area. One of the party has sustained a shoulder injury. The Shannon Coast Guard heicopter, Rescue 115 , was also tasked. The hikers were located and the injured casualty was airlifted to hospital while Doolin Coast Guard members escorted the other three safely back to their car in the Caher Valley.
Doolin Coast Guard was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, when Gardaí requested assistance in searching for a despondent male believed to be missing in the Cliffs of Moher area. The team assembled and search teams were dispatched and searched the cliffs from Hags Head to Doolin. Nothing was found , Gardaí later informed that person may be another county. Team stood down.
While shore searching, team members spotted an object in the water off Tra Leathain. The Coast Guard Delta boat was launched and a casualty was recovered from the water.
Doolin Coast Guard was tasked by MRSC Valentia to investigate an object sighted in the water below the viewing platform by Cliffs of Moher Rangers. The team assembled and launched the Delta while others went to the viewing platform. The team on cliff top guided the boat to the object and were then able to confirm it was a dead seagull.
MRSC Valentia tasked Doolin Coast Guard to assist Gardaí with the recovery of a body from the water at Liscannor Harbour. The body was recovered to the pier and taken to Limerick Hospital. RIP
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....