Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC Valentia, at 11.30 to go to the assistance of two surfers at Rileys, South of Dough Mór Bay, along with Kilkee Marine Rescue and the Shannon based Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter.A member of the public called the emergency services from shore when he saw the surfers in difficulty. Doolin Coast Guard Boat launched and proceeded to the scene while members of Doolin Coast Guard went by road, the Doolin D-Class also followed by road. Kilkee Marine Rescue located the casualties in the water and took them on board , they were then airlifted by Rescue 115 , attended to and taken to Hospital.
The Doolin Coast Guard Boat was stood down as they passed Hags Head and the Doolin D-Class and other team members also returned to base as their assistance was no longer needed.
The Doolin Coast Guard Boat then proceeded to Galway where they were on duty for the Volvo Ocean Race until 20.00
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....