Doolin Coast Guard Boat was in the Galway Bay area all day,one of the many boats on safety duty for the Volvo Ocean Race. Today was the first day of racing in the Bay and there was a huge number of power boats, sailing boats, hookers, ribs, dinghies and kayaks, all out to view the event. IRCG were operating onshore as Salthill Coast Guard Control .The Doolin Boat assisted a number of boats with minor troubles such as a rope caught in prop and engine problems. They were tasked to go to the assistance of a boat taking on water and proceeded to the boats location, Costello Coast Guard boat was closer to the distressed vessel and was able to deal with the incident.
Doolin Coast Guard boat were stood down at 20.00 hours and returned to Doolin.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....