At 04.50 MRSC Valentia tasked Doolin Coast Guard Unit to search for a teenager, missing in the Miltown area, since the previous evening. Teams assembled at Miltown Garda Station ,where they liaised with Kilrush and Ennistymon Gardaí. The Doolin Coast Guard D-Class boat was taken by road and a SARDA Ireland Search Dog team also responded .Some search teams and the Gardaí covered some locations in the area.
While en-route to the last known position,at Spanish Point, a member of Doolin Coast Guard Unit located the girl, she was very cold and Coast Guard members provided a warm blanket. She was collected by family members , Doolin Coast Guard Unit stood down at 06.30.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....