The Doolin Delta boat went to Inis Óirr this morning to continue the search for a missing person on the Island.More Coast Guard team members along with a SARDA Ireland Search Dog also went across on a passenger ferry. The Doolin Coast Guard Delta and the Aran Lifeboat conducted line searches from Inis Óirr to Blackhead. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter also searched the area. Galway Sub Aqua Club, a local boat and a boat from Carna also searched.
Coast Guard team members and the SARDA search dog searched the 10.2 km of coastline around the Island.
Day 3,14th July
Doolin Coast Guard Delta boat , the Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter,Rescue 115 and the Aran Island Lifeboat continued an air and sea search around the Island and further today.
Air and sea searches continued on 15th and 16th of July.
A body , believed to be that of the missing man, was found across the bay at Inverin, Co Galway on 16th July.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....