The purpose of the Irish Coast Guard is:
“To reduce the loss of life within the Irish Search and Rescue Region and on rivers, lakes and waterways and to protect the quality of the marine environment within the Irish Pollution Responsibility Zone, Harbours and Maritime Local Authority areas and to preserve property. To promote safety standards, and by doing so, prevent, as far as possible, the loss of life at sea and on inland waters and other areas, and to provide an effective emergency response service”.
The team are fully equipped to safely evacuate a casualty from the foot of a cliff. We are equipped with two boats: a 8.9m Delta RIB and a D-Class inflatable boat for inshore use and for deployment on lakes and rivers. These boats are used for search, rescue and recovery. They also provide support to our cliff operations.
Equipment also includes two four wheel drive vehicles, a mercedes van with crew cab, a quad bike, A tractor for launching boats. A mobile command trailer is also available for incidents.
We also operate as a search team, Capable of search management and searching the shoreline and inland areas.
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....