Doolin Coast Guard Unit escorted the Cycle Against Suicide into Ennis. The event is a round Ireland cycle , running until May 5th. 400 cyclists are taking part to raise awareness of suicide nationwide.
The search for the missing person at the Cliffs of Moher has been stood down. Unfortunately, after a 14 day search effort , there was no recovery. Our thoughts are with the family.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC , Valentia to assist with a medevac from Ennistymon. The Irish Air Corp AW139 Air Ambulance was tasked to transfer the patient from the HSE Ambulance at Ennistymon to hospital. The team assembled and prepared the landing area at the CBS Secondary School in the town.
The helicopter landed and team assisted with the patient transfer to the helicopter.
The team was tasked by MRSC , Valentia , after 11.15, this morning to assist with an injured surfer , at Aileens, 200 m off Aill na Searrach.Some of team were in various locations along the Cliffs continuing an ongoing search when they left for the Rocket House and assembled with other team members to launch the Delta RIB. The Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter , Rescue 115 , was also tasked and took the casualty from the water and airlifted him to Galway University Hospital.
A search has been in progress for the past number of days to search for a missing person at the Cliffs of Moher. The team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia , on Saturday afternoon . The team have been conducting cliff top searches and the Delta RIB and D Class have carried out searches in the water. The Shannon based Coast Guard helicopter, Rescue 115 , has also carried assisted each day. Kilkee Coast Guard members assisted with the search today.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Malin, to assist the HSE Ambulance Service with a casualty near Ballyreen. A female had fallen on rocks at Pol Sallagh and injured her side and leg. Coast Guard members assisted the Ambulance crew to place the casualty on the stretcher. Ambulance service personnel administered oxygen and further care. She was then stretchered about 200m over large boulders and rocks to the road where she was taken to hospital by Ambulance.
- Gary Schroeder: I cannot thank all those with the search and rescue team for their efforts in finding my sister...
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...
- John McAuley: Thanks for the help on sunday lads, well done and very professional turn out and assistance greatly...
- Aishling Hanrahan: Thank you so much for the amazing rescue of my husband Martin on Saturday. I can not praise the...
- Esmee Schroder: Thank you so much for your incredible efforts in recovering the body of my younger sister. It is...