Doolin Coast Guard members were tasked to assist when a lady was injured while swimming at the pier while the dolphin was in the area. The casualty was treated at the scene by Coast Guard members while waiting for the HSE Ambulance arrival .Swimmers are advised not to get too close to her , she is a wild animal and while normally placid, she can get frightened and anxious if crowded . She can be seen and enjoyed from the pier or shore.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked this morning, by MRSC, Valentia, to assist the HSE with the recovery of a body near Ennis. A person had fallen in a Quarry on to a ledge . The Shannon based Coast Guard helicopter had been tasked . The Ennis Fire and Rescue Service and The Ennis Civil Defence was also on scene. The Doolin D-Class boat was launched at the quarry . Team members abseiled down to the ledge using the Fire tender crane to prevent any rubble collapsing and recovered the body onto the waiting D-Class and taken ashore.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia , when concern was raised for a swimmer who had not returned at Inis Oírr . The team assembled and the Delta boat was launched , the Aran All weather lifeboat was also tasked.
They were stood down a short time later when the swimmer was confirmed to have returned to shore .
The Inis Oírr team of the Doolin Coast Guard Unit assisted with an incident today . A woman was injured in a cycling accident. The Shannon based rescue helicopter, Rescue 115 airlifted the casualty to Galway University Hospital.
Doolin Coast Guard team responded to a call from a member of the public of a dog who had fallen from a cliff into the sea below . The D-Class was launched at Doolin Pier and proceeded to Trá Leathan where they took the dog on to the boat and returned him to his owner back at Doolin Pier.
Members of the Doolin team were tasked by Life Guards stationed at Doolin Pier to assist with a casualty that was injured by a Dolphin while swimming in the area. They assisted with First Aid while waiting for the ambulance. Later casualty was taken to Limerick by Ambulance.
- Gary Schroeder: I cannot thank all those with the search and rescue team for their efforts in finding my sister...
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...
- John McAuley: Thanks for the help on sunday lads, well done and very professional turn out and assistance greatly...
- Aishling Hanrahan: Thank you so much for the amazing rescue of my husband Martin on Saturday. I can not praise the...
- Esmee Schroder: Thank you so much for your incredible efforts in recovering the body of my younger sister. It is...