Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked at 20.25, by MRSC, Valentia , to search for a boat that had departed from Ballyvaughan earlier in the day. Concern was raised when the 12 foot RIB had not returned . The team assembled and the Delta was prepared for launch from Doolin while the D-Class was taken by road . The team was stood down when notified that the RIB returned safely to Ballyvaughan.
Doolin Coast Guard members assisted with first aid when a ferry passenger became very ill.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to a boat broken down dive boat off Crab Island. The Doolin Coast Guard boats were both on the water at the pier at the time and went to assist the RIB . It was in danger of running aground on Crab Island. The RIB was towed back into Doolin Pier.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to assist a yacht that had gone aground at Green Island , off Ballyvaughan. The D-Class boat was launched at Ballyvaughan new Pier and assessed the yachts situation and crew. The people on board were in no danger and it was decided to wait for the tide to refloat the boat. The Coast Guard boat remained on scene until there was enough water to refloat and escorted the yacht into Ballyvaughan Pier.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to assist a climber who had fallen 20 feet at Ailladee when some of his anchors came loose. The Shannon based Coast Guard Helicopter , Rescue 115 was also tasked. Team members attended to the casualty until the Coast Guard winch man arrived , the casualty was airlifted to hospital in Galway.
The Inis Oírr team was tasked last night by MRSC, Valentia, to search for a three year old child that had gone missing on the Island. Searches began and the child was located shortly after.
- Rebecca McLaughlin: Sincere Thank you to the wonderful team for their speedy arrival and their kindness and...
- Gary Schroeder: I cannot thank all those with the search and rescue team for their efforts in finding my sister...
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...
- John McAuley: Thanks for the help on sunday lads, well done and very professional turn out and assistance greatly...
- Aishling Hanrahan: Thank you so much for the amazing rescue of my husband Martin on Saturday. I can not praise the...