MRSC , Valentia , tasked Doolin Coast Guard Unit to investigate an object reported in the water off Spanish Point, by a concerned member of the public who had been walking the beach. Coast Guard members went to the area and were able to confirm that the floating item was several fishing buoys tangled together.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC Valentia to assist Ennistymon Gardaí in a search for a person whose car had been found at the Cliffs of Moher. Team members assembled, both boats were launched while other team members began land searches. A body was located and recovered from the water shortly after.
Doolin Coast Guard Team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to locate and retrieve a 20 person Life Raft that was floating off the coast. The liferaft had been reported by the Customs boat last night with a position given, there were no people on board the life raft and it had been confirmed that it had been lost overboard from a large ship. The Doolin Coast Guard Delta was launched early this morning and carried out searches from Doolin to Mutton Island and five miles off shore. The Shannon Coast Guard helicopter was tasked also. MRSC Valentia updated both rescorces with estimated positions for the liferaft. Doolin Coast Guard boat located the raft and took it on tow and later deflated it and took on board the Delta and returned to Doolin.
Coast Guard was tasked by MRSC , Valentia to investigate a fire seen on Mutton Island from Quilty by a member of the public. There was concern that someone might have been stuck on the island. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue helicopter, Rescue 115 was also tasked to investigate. Nothing was found, the light may have been the work lights of a vessel that was in the area .
Doolin Coast Guard was called to assist when a small boat in Liscannor Pier broke one of it’s mooring lines and was overturned while waves came over the harbour wall.Doolin Coast Guard members took the D-Class to Liscannor and righted the overturned boat.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit assisted the Marine Casualty Investigation Board with their investigation into the sinking of the Lady Eileen off Quilty.
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...
- John McAuley: Thanks for the help on sunday lads, well done and very professional turn out and assistance greatly...
- Aishling Hanrahan: Thank you so much for the amazing rescue of my husband Martin on Saturday. I can not praise the...
- Esmee Schroder: Thank you so much for your incredible efforts in recovering the body of my younger sister. It is...
- Tracy Frawley: Thank you so much for your visit. The children really enjoyed it. It heightened their awareness of...