Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked this evening by MRSC, Valentia , to search for a person at the Cliffs of Moher. The team assembled and land search teams went to the Cliffs while the boat crew prepared the boat for launch. Just prior to launch , the team was stood down as the person had been located by Gardaí.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked this evening by MRSC, Valentia , to assist with an incident at Mutton Island , off Quilty. A member of the public had found some bones exposed on a shoreline bank .Kilkee Coast Guard Unit was also tasked. Both teams D-Class boats were launched and Gardaí were transported to the Island on the Doolin Coast Guard D-Class to investigate the remains.
While on a training exercise off Doolin, the Doolin Coast Guard boat was notified by Valentia MRSC, that a yacht was reported to be aground off Straw Island, Inis Mór .The boat team responded to the scene and transferred a towline from the Inis Mor All Weather Lifeboat to the stricken yacht where it was then towed to Kilronan Harbour by the ALB.
Doolin Coast team was tasked this evening at 21.15, by MRSC, Valentia , to assist with an incident in Ennis. An emergency call had been made and a person was reported to be in the river. The D-Class boat was brought and the team assembled in Ennis and commenced searches of river banks . The Ennis Fire and Rescue Service, The Civil Defence , the Shannon Coast Guard rescue helicopter, Rescue 115 were all tasked and on scene. River and areas searched with nothing found, all services were stood down.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked this evening by MRSC, Valentia , to assist with a passenger returning from the Aran Islands on one of the ferries. The passenger had become unwell and needed assistance. The team assisted and the casualty was taken to hospital by the HSE Ambulance from the pier in Doolin.
The Contractors who are building the new pier intend to carry out some blasting works at Doolin pier next Thursday and Friday the 5th and 6th of June.
An exclusion zone will be implemented for the area while this work is being carried out.
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....
- Eugene Garrihy: Happy Christmas to all at Doolin Coast Guard Doolin Coast Guard “An Appreciation” We want...
- Jerry o Keeffe: thanks for all your help during the year happy christmas to all involved in the Coast guard
- Mickey Joe O'Connell: Thanks a million for the very speedy response to our call, the other evening, . We are very...