Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, to search for the occupant or occupants of a car left overnight in Carron. Concern was raised when a hired car had been left in Carron and was still in the same location this morning.The team assembled and team members, along with members of Ennistymon Gardaí, commenced searches. Other Doolin Coast Guard members followed with the Coast Guard Quad bike in case it was needed. Team members , who had taken a farm track on the south side of Glen of the Clob, near Temple Cronan Church , located three males on their way out along the path.They were Dutch Nationals who had camped overnight on the mountain .They were unaware there was a search for them. The Shannon Coast Guard helicopter , Rescue 115, had also been tasked , but stood down when notified that they were located safe and well.
picture credit : tadbit.blogspot.com
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia , to assist in a search for a person missing in the Kinvarra area. The team was stood down shortly after when the person was located.
Doolin Coast Guard was tasked to assist with a missing person search in Galway . Members took the D-Class by road , launched the boat in Galway and carried out water searches in the vicinity . Galway RNLI, Costelloe Bay Coast Guard and the Shannon based Coast Guard helicopter also carried out searches .Searches will resume in the morning.
Doolin Coast Guard members were tasked by MRSC, Valentia to cordon off sea front area , close off pedestrian access and advice spectators of the dangerous conditions.
Doolin Coast Guard team feature as the January picture on the Irish Coast Guard Calendar, pictured here after a Climbing ORA early last year.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC,Valentia, to assist in a search for a missing person in the Ruan area. The team assembled and took the D Class boat and quad bike to the area. The team met with Clare Civil Defence and commenced searches of paths and tracks in the area. The missing person was located by searchers , deceased. RIP
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....
- Eugene Garrihy: Happy Christmas to all at Doolin Coast Guard Doolin Coast Guard “An Appreciation” We want...
- Jerry o Keeffe: thanks for all your help during the year happy christmas to all involved in the Coast guard