The team was tasked at 15.10 by MRSC , Valentia to assist a walker at Gleninagh Mountain. The casualty was unwell and unable to get back to the road.The team assembled and located the casualties exact location using phone and sirens and whistles. The Sligo Coast Guard Helicopter, Rescue 118, was tasked and on arrival lowered their winch man .Due to lack of wind it was unsafe to winch the casualty onboard from that location and the helicopter landed in a field lower down close to the road . The team stretchered the casualty down to the helicopter and he was transferred to hospital.
The Inis Oírr team ( Doolin Coast Guard ) was tasked to assist with a medevac from the Island this evening .The team transferred the casualty to the Shannon based Coast Guard Helicopter , Rescue 115 , he was then taken to hospital.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, to assist Gardaí in a search for a person in the Cliffs of Moher area. Teams made their way to the Cliffs and the Delta boat was launched . The team were stood down a short time later when the person was located by Gardaí.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked at 23.40 , by MRSC, Valentia , to assist Killaloe Coast Guard Unit in a search. The Killaloe team had been tasked earlier to search for a family of five who had become disorientated at Cratloe Woods . The Shannon based Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter, Rescue 115 , was also tasked and carried out a search. The Doolin team was stood down en route when they received the good news that the family had been located safe and well .
Doolin Coast team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, to assist with a medevac from Liscannor National School football pitch this evening. The team was tasked to clear a landing zone for the Shannon Coast Guard helicopter, Rescue 115. The casualty was transferred from the HSE Ambulance to the helicopter and airlifted to hospital.
Doolin Coast Guard boat crews carried out a training exercise with the Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter during the week. Crew members trained in controlling the high line and also being winched to the helicopter from the boat and from the water .
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....
- Eugene Garrihy: Happy Christmas to all at Doolin Coast Guard Doolin Coast Guard “An Appreciation” We want...
- Jerry o Keeffe: thanks for all your help during the year happy christmas to all involved in the Coast guard
- Mickey Joe O'Connell: Thanks a million for the very speedy response to our call, the other evening, . We are very...