Doolin Coast Guard Team was tasked by MRSC Valentia , to assist in the recovery of three swimmers who were drifting out to sea North of Spanish Point . Team members assembled and proceeded to the area , they located the swimmers and informed MRSC Valentia of the their position. The Shannon based helicopter, Rescue 115 arrived on scene and swimmers were winched on board to safety. The Aran Islands RNLI Lifeboat was also enroute from Liscannor where it had been taking part in an event earlier with The IRCG Helicopter . Kilkee Coast Guard Unit and Lahinch Rescue were also tasked and responded as well as Ennistymon Gardaí. Doolin team members returned to base and stood down.
Thank You to everyone who joined us today for our Open Day. It was a pleasure meeting you and we were delighted to show you all around the new station
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked this evening by MRSC, Valentia , to an incident at Lahinch . A surfer had lost his footing on a slippery path and dislocated his knee. The team assembled and set up the climbing equipment . The HSE Ambulance Service was also tasked and was on scene a short time later. The casualty was treated for pain and shock and his leg was splinted. Two climbers descended with a stretcher and the casualty was hauled to the top and taken to the waiting Ambulance.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia , to assist in a search for a teenager in the Shannon area this morning, along with Kilkee and Killaloe Coast Guard teams and other agencies. The team assembled to take the D-Class boat by road. The teenager was located a short time later .
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....
- Eugene Garrihy: Happy Christmas to all at Doolin Coast Guard Doolin Coast Guard “An Appreciation” We want...
- Jerry o Keeffe: thanks for all your help during the year happy christmas to all involved in the Coast guard
- Mickey Joe O'Connell: Thanks a million for the very speedy response to our call, the other evening, . We are very...