Doolin Coast Guard was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, to assist a boat in difficulty. The team assembled and the Delta was launched. The casualty vessel was located off the Finnis Buoy and taken on tow back to Doolin.
Doolin Coast Guard unit was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, to assist a man who had been swept off his feet by a wave at Doolin Point. The fall onto the rocks had caused a several injuries. His injuries were attended to and he was assessed by the HSE Paramedics and taken to Hospital for stitches.
Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC, Valentia, to go to the assistance of an injured walker on Gleninagh Mountain.The team assembled and a search team located the casualty at the top of the moutain where he was assessed and assissted down the to the waiting HSE Ambulance . He was treated by paramedics and taken to Galway University Hospital .
Ennistymon Vocational School 5th Years visited the station today. The students were shown an informational film and shown around the station.
The Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to assist a local farmer . The farmer had contacted the OiC for help when a calf had fallen into a small cave on his land. Some team members went to the location, at Knockauns Mountain, and retrieved the calf using climbing equipment.
Team members took part in a local 5 aside bubble soccer fundraiser .
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....