Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked by MRSC, Valentia just after 5.00 this evening to an incident at Lahinch. A member of the public had reported what they thought was possibly a person in the water. The sea was rough at the time , team members went to the location and searched the area . While on scene a surfer reported another surfer overdue . Shortly after the surfer made it back to shore and was assisted and treated for hypothermia by Coast Guard members until the HSE Ambulance arrived.
Incident 01/14 and Incident 02/14
The search for the missing angler continued daily since Sunday. Kilkee Coast Guard team and Rescue 115 assisted on Tuesday.
Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked this evening when a member of the public reported to Gardaí that a man had been swept into the sea at Blackhead . The pair had been shore fishing from the shore. The RNLI All weather lifeboat from Inis Mór and the Shannon based Coast Guard helicopter Rescue 115 carried out searches . Doolin members carried out searches from the shore . All services services stood down after dark and searches will resume in the morning
Doolin Coast Guard team assisted the HSE Ambulance Service with a Medevac by the Air Corp air ambulance . The team prepared the landing site and the Air Corp Helicopter landed at the football field . The patient was transferred from the HSE ambulance to the helicopter and flown to Galway University Hospital.
Doolin Coast Guard was tasked this evening , by MRSC, Valentia to assist Gardaí and Ennis Fire and Rescue Service with an incident on the River Fergus at Woodquay . A person was thought to have entered the water at that location. Kilkee Coast Guard was also tasked. The Shannon based Coast Guard Rescue helicopter conducted searches over the river while Coast Guard members searched along the river bank. The search was stood down and thought to be a false alarm.
The team was tasked by MRSC Valentia to assist in locating a person , the person was located and team was stood down.
- Mickey Joe O'Connell: Thanks a million for the very speedy response to our call, the other evening, . We are very...
- Rebecca McLaughlin: Sincere Thank you to the wonderful team for their speedy arrival and their kindness and...
- John Nolan: Thanks Caitriona (from the Overdue Hill Runner)
- Gary Schroeder: I cannot thank all those with the search and rescue team for their efforts in finding my sister...
- Ian Fleming: As a friend of the family whose daughter’s body you have been searching for since 6th April, I...