At 13.21, The Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRCC, Valentia, to go to the Cliffs of Moher. There had been a report that a person had fallen from the cliffs. The team assembled and launched the Delta rib and proceeded to the Cliffs of Moher area. The Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter was also tasked. Due to adverse weather conditions any attempt at recovery was not possible. Efforts are continuing.
Daily searches along the cliffs are continuing with both shore parties and boats. (9/4/11)
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....