At 21.07, while on a training exercise in Lahinch Bay, Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRCC Valentia to an incident . A woman had fallen and was injured on rocks at Freagh Point, close to Miltown, and was also in danger of being cut off by the tide.Team members went by road and the D-Class travelled by sea to the incident location. On arrival at the scene, team members assessed the casualty and splinted the fractured ankle. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter had been tasked and she was airlifted to Limerick Hospital.All team members returned to base
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....