Doolin Coast Guard unit was tasked by Ennistymon Gardaí to search for a child thought to be missing at Lahinch Beach. It was not known if the child was in the water . Some of the team members took the Delta boat to Doolin pier and others went directly to Lahinch Beach and to Liscannor with the D-Class ready to launch. The Shannon Coast Guard Helicopter , Rescue 115 , arrived on the scene within minutes as it was in the air on route back to Shannon and carried out a search from the air. The child was located safe and well among the crowds on the busy Promenade and all services were stood down. Kilkee Coast Guard Unit and Lahinch Rescue were also tasked.
While still in Lahinch , a surfer who badly injured his hand while surfing was treated by Coast Guard members . First aid was administerd while arrangements were made for him to go to Shannon Doc for further care.
Incidents 11/12 and 12/12
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....