Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC Valentia to assist Oranmore Gardaí with the search for a man believed to be missing in the South Galway, Burren area. Doolin Coast Guard Unit assembled near Abbey Hill and sent teams to several areas . Searches of Sleive Carran , Abbey Hill , and other high land areas were carried out by Doolin Coast Guard Unit along with a SARDA Search Dog team. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter assisted with the search .The Garda Helicopter also carried out a search and Galway Mountain Rescue assisted along with a second SARDA Search Dog team. Despite extensive searches , nothing has been found.
Search has been stood down until further information regarding the persons possible whereabouts are known.
Update : The missing person has been located safe and well. 07/06/11
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....