Members of Doolin Coast Guard Unit have been undertaking courses in Mountain Skills Level 1 in the upland areas of the Burren and Mountain Skills 2 in the mountain areas of Kerry, delivered by Nathan Kingerlee of Outdoors Ireland. The course covered navigation skills, map and compass , night navigation and steep ground work, all members found the course very worthwhile.
Some Members have also just completed a three day AECS/ISA Offshore Emergency Care course provided by the Academy of Emergency Care in Sport . Areas covered included marine emergencies and treating casualties when no further help is immediately available. Members updated their first aid skills , worked through scenarios and learned a lot from the course.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....