At 17.30 , Doolin Coast Guard members investigated reports by members of the public of a suspicious object floating 200m off shore at Lahinch beach.
Members of the unit investigated from the shoreline and the Shannon based Coast Guard helicopter also carried out a search of the shore line.
It was determined that the floating object was a dead seal. Doolin Coast Guard D – Class was stood down on route and the team returned to base.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....