Doolin Coast Guard were tasked by MRSC Valentia, to assist flank station, Kilkee Coast Guard Unit, in the search for an overdue boat with one person on board.The 21 ft fibre glass vessel departed Scattery Island bound for Doonbeg at 13.30.
Kilkee Coast Guard Unit and the Shannon based Coast Guard Helicopter were tasked earlier in the day when the vessel was reported overdue and there was concern for the mans safety. There was a possible sighting of the boat off Horse Island near Kilbaha at around 16.30.
Doolin Coast Guard members were stood down on route when the vessel arrived shortly after 18.00 at Doonbeg Pier.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....