Doolin Coast Guard team was tasked at 21.13 by MRSC, Valentia , to an incident at Blackhead , North of Doolin. The alarm was raised when a child fell into the water close to Blackhead Lighthouse where a number of people had been fishing. The team assembled and the Delta RIB was launched while other team members rushed to the scene by road. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue helicopter had also been tasked. On prompt arrival at the location the boy was located quickly and recovered from the water to the boat where CPR was initiated before the child was transferred to the Coast Guard helicopter and airlifted to Galway University Hospital. Galway RNLI was also tasked to the incident and the Killkee Coast Guard team responded and were enroute to the incident as they were training South of Doolin at the time .
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....