At 12.02 today , Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRCC Valentia to investigate a sighting of an object in the water off the Cliffs of Moher. The team assembled , the Doolin Coast Guard Delta was launched and searched the area while members searched from the cliff top . The object disappeared from view , below the surface . The Shannon based Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter was tasked and carried out a search . It has not been established what the object was and a further search will be carried out in the morning.
Further searches were carried out on 23 Jan.
On 25 Jan, MRCC Valentia tasked Doolin Coast Guard to investigate a sighting of something in the water off Trá Leathann, near Doolin. Team members searched from the shore, nothing was found.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....