Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC , Valentia, to assist in a search for a missing person in the Cliffs of Moher area. Teams assembled and began searching along with the Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter . Teams stood down at dark and resumed the search early in the morning the following day along with the SARDA Dog Team and the Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter.
Searches continued on the third day with Coast Guard members , along with family , friends and local people covering large stretches of coastline from Hags Head to Ballyreen.
Search will resume at low tide.
Searches continued on Tuesday covering shoreline and beaches along the coast. With stormy weather conditions it was too dangerous to walk the cliff top.
Wednesdays and Thursdays searches , covered large stretches of coast line, moving further North and South to Spanish Point and Fanore. Killkee Coast Guard members assisted in the search on Thursday.
On Friday, search teams walked a large area of coastline again, covering cliff tops and beaches from Spanish Point to Fanore. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter assisted along with members of Killaloe Coast Guard Unit.
Kilkee Coast Guard members assisted the Doolin team today along with over 120 members of the public. Coastlines South to Quilty and North to Fanore were searched.
On Sunday, the team as assisted by members of Kilkee and Killaloe Coast Guard Units, as well as some members of Clare Civil Defence and a large number of searchers.
The search resumed on Monday with shores and cliff tops along the coast being searched. The Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter assisted with the search.
Searches continued . Doolin Coast Guard team were officially stood down from the search on 23 December.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....