UPDATE: 19 June ’08
The unit assembled this morning at 07:00hrs for a shoreline search of the cliffs of Moher area. Early on in the search, a search team established a visual contact of the casualty in a large cave. Due to the sea state, a recovery attempt would not be attempted until 12:30 hrs [low tide] which may afford a better ‘weather window’. In slightly improved conditions, at low tide, a successful attempt was made to recover the body which was taken to Doolin Pier and handed over to attending Gardaí.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....