The Doolin unit of the Irish Coast Guard was tasked at 21:36 hours on 29 July to Lahinch Bay, following a report of a swimmer in difficulty.
Both boats were launched and shore teams deployed. Lahinch Sea Rescue and a fishing trawler were also on scene. Following a short search, the woman was found and taken from the water by the crew of one of the Doolin boats at approximately 22:25. CPR was immediately initiated and maintained while she was transferred to Lahinch beach, where a doctor and a paramedic attended to her. Following further attempts to resuscitate her, she was rushed to hospital by the Shannon based Coast Guard helicopter but she failed to recover consciousness.
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....