Doolin Coast Guard Unit was tasked by MRSC, Valentia to assist Ennistymon Gardaí with a search for a person at the Cliffs of Moher. Team members assembled and launched the Delta boat from Doolin Pier and carried out searched under the Cliffs. Team members also searched along the cliff top. Kilkee Coast Guard Unit members also joined in the search. The Shannon Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter searched along the coast line . The Navy also assisted in the search, they came from Liscannor Bay where the LE Emer was at anchor . They sent out a RIB and also had Navy Personnel scanning the sea from the deck of the ship.
The search continued with search teams on the cliff top and sea shores and the Doolin Coast Guard boat searching the below the cliffs. Kilkee Coast Guard members joined the search .The Clare Civil Defence Boat also assisted.
Shore teams searched the coastline and the Coast Guard boat searched from Doolin to Hags Haed onto Liscannor , across to Green Island and Dunderrig Rocks and back. Members of Kilkee Coast Guard assisted Doolin Coast Guard.
Day 4, 5, 6, 7,8
Shore teams carried out searches from early morning throughout the day.
Shore teams carried out searches from cliff tops and shores
The body of the missing person was recovered
Click here to leave a comment
- Tony Hughes: A Massive Thank you to all your team members for your rapid response today @ Aill na Searrach
- Mary.: Sincere thanks for your extreme kindness and care shown to me, the person involved in this accident and may I...
- Orla: Thank you so much to Caitriona, Tom, Brian and new members for the wonderful tour and warm welcome to your...
- John: Very nice to read this poem , regards to all at Doolin CG, from John Toe Head-Glandore CG
- Joan Reilly: To the men and women of the Doolin Coastguard, thank you for all your dedicated, unselfish hard work....